Our Training Program
First Aid is important for ensuring the health and safety of every individual, and people should receive immediate and effective care if they are injured. Businesses are also more efficient, productive and successful, when their employees are happy, healthy and safe.
TraumaLink is offering a full-day trauma first aid training course for interested individuals, government organizations, educational institutions, and nonprofit and private sector organizations. Teaching is carried out with all students practicing all skills under direct supervision.
Our training curriculum was developed by Dr. Jon Moussally MD, MPH, Primary Founder of TraumaLink. He is a Harvard trained emergency physician with over 15 years of experience teaching emergency care in the U.S. and abroad. He has worked closely with Bangladeshi physicians including Dr. Kamran ul Baset, road safety expert from the Centre for Injury Prevention Research in Bangladesh (CIPRB), and our Master Trainer, Dr. Md. Abdul Baqi, former Divisional Director of Health, Dhaka Division. They have created a trauma first aid curriculum that can be easily understood by people with any level of education, regardless of whether they have a medical background.
The Training curriculum includes didactic and hands-on training in basic first aid skills that are easy to teach, learn, and perform but are proven to be life-saving interventions. Some of these are not routinely being taught in Bangladesh medical schools and residency programs.
Upon completion of training individual shall receive:
- Certificate of Achievement.
- A DVD containing a PDF of the training curriculum, the PowerPoint presentation, and a professional quality training video in Bangla that will assist students in reviewing and improving their skills.
If you are interested in learning more about our training packages, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of the training participants will have a clear understanding of:
- Overview of trauma first aid, personal safety, and scene management
- ABC’s (Airway, Breathing, Circulation): the essential elements of keeping a patient alive in any type of medical emergency, including trauma
- Recognizing and treating blocked airways, a leading cause of death in injured patients
- Simple but effective methods for stopping bleeding
- Essential first aid skills including application of tourniquets, splinting of broken bones, burn management, cervical spine protection and immobilization, and safe handling and transportation of injured patients
- Mass casualty triage